100% secure payment system
Pay in US dollars
Over 3.5 million tickets sold
1. St. Peter’s Basilica: Dome Climb & Papal Crypts with Guideat St. Peter’s Basilica: Dome Climb with Guide, Tue, 4 Apr 2023 - Tue, 26 Sep 2023
From $ 51.80
2. Roman Crypts and Catacombs Tourat Roman Crypts and Catacombs Tour, Sun, 2 Apr 2023 - Sun, 7 Jan 2024
From $ 92.00
3. Vatican & Sistine Chapel: Early Bird entryat Sistine Chapel & Vatican: Early Bird Access, Wed, 5 Apr 2023 - Fri, 5 Jan 2024
From $ 69.40
4. Colosseum & Roman Forum: All of ancient Rome - 8 hoursat Rome in a Day: Colosseum, Roman Forum & Palatine Hill, Mon, 3 Apr 2023 - Fri, 5 Jan 2024
From $ 110.20
5. The Catacombs of San Sebastiano: Guided Tourat The Catacombs of San Sebastiano: Guided Tour, Sat, 1 Apr 2023 - Sun, 2 Jul 2023
From $ 20.00
6. Colosseum with Arena Floor & Roman Forum: Fast Trackat Colosseum: Last Minute Entrance with Gladiator Arena Floor, Wed, 5 Apr 2023 - Fri, 28 Apr 2023
From $ 46.40
7. Vatican and Rome Cardat Vatican and Rome Card, Sat, 1 Apr 2023 - Tue, 26 Sep 2023
From $ 171.20
8. Colosseum & Roman Forum: Guided Highlights - 3 hoursat , Mon, 3 Apr 2023 - Sat, 6 Jan 2024
From $ 63.00
9. Guided Tour of the Borghese Galleryat Guided Tour of the Borghese Gallery, Fri, 7 Apr 2023 - Sun, 7 Jan 2024
From $ 73.60
10. Big Bus Rome Toursat Big Bus Rome Tours, Sat, 1 Apr 2023 - Fri, 29 Mar 2024
From $ 37.50
- Refundable tickets
- Expert guides
- Instant confirmation
Roman Crypts, Catacombs & Dark Heart
Explore Rome's dark past on this eerie tour to the Roman crypts and catacombs! Visit an ancient part of the city and burial grounds layers beneath the modern busy streets.
- Discover Rome's dark past
- Explore the Roman Catacombs
- Visit Basilica San Clemente, which few ever see
- Experience the Capuchin Crypt - The Bone Chapel
- Enjoy a small tour group (max. 20)
What can I expect?
This tour takes you deeper into the strange history of Rome, to the core of this ancient city. You'll visit three unforgettable sites with one thing in common – these are the most unusual and outlandish places in the Eternal City.
We'll start by visiting the ancient Roman Catacombs. Dating all the way back to the 2nd century AD, this extensive network of tunnels snaking beneath the city was once both a burial ground and a hiding place for the first Christians in Rome. Established in the days when Nero was famed for torturing Christians, the tunnels became a place for refuge as much as for burials and celebrations.
Next stop is the Basilica San Clemente, another site that few visitors ever see. Here you'll trace this route of a priest who thought he'd heard running water inside the church and experience first-hand the incredible layers of history.
You'll also get a tour of the Capuchin Crypt – known locally as the ‘Bone Chapel’. Witness a real skull and crossbones, vertebrae chandeliers and full skeletons in their robes.
Enjoy some free time to have dinner at a local restaurant or to go for a stroll in the historical center of Rome.
As darkness sets in over Rome, a different city comes to light – a city of legends and mystery, where thousands of years of history left a story behind every stone. Together with your guide, you'll cross the Tiber and wander across piazzas, listening to unknown stories of murders and betrayals.
How does it work?
How do I get my tickets?
Shortly after your booking is complete your e-ticket will be sent directly to your email, just print it out and bring it on your tour.
Is there a dress code?
Yes, entrance into religious sites requires a strict dress code. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women. City Wonders and Ticmate cannot be held responsible for refused entry due to improper dress.
- This tour involves a fair amount of walking, hills, and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended.
- Please note that Rome is one of the most visited cities in the world, making certain sites extremely busy in high season. Careful planning limits our exposure to crowds, but please be aware that some locations may be unavoidably busy during standard hours.
Infant 0-1 (free)
Book From $ 112.00
Refundable tickets Refundable tickets
Refundable up to 48 hours before performance date. A cancellation fee of up to 20% pr. ticket may apply
Print out voucher
Running Time: 7 hours 30 minutes
The tour operates daily, except Monday, at 2:30 PM.
Roman Crypts, Catacombs & Dark Heart
Piazza Barberini 00187 Roma Italy
Need help with your booking? We will gladly answer your questions.